Laser North, Inc.
Laser North, a laser cutting and fabrication specialist, continues to grow and seeks Apprentice Welders to join our team in Baraga, Michigan. The apprentice welder is responsible for assisting the welding department with the fit-up and welding of components to produce product in a timely fashion, while maintaining the highest level of quality and safety in our industry.
Live outside of Baraga? No problem. We provide daily round-trip transportation to our Baraga Headquarters for those that prefer to carpool or need transportation.
Laser North is the very image of The American Business—intertwining innovation and technology, with hard working, competent and motivated employees. We are a competitive and responsive manufacturing business that enjoys a challenge and constantly strives to offer our customers exemplary service. We attribute our success to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of our employees, and we understand the importance of maintaining a personal relationship with each valued team member. If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment, working with your hands, and being a valued member of a motivated team, we want to hear from you!
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wage: $12.50 – $15.50 hourly, based on skills and experience
- Performance Based Bonus
- Major Medical Insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance Program (Employer Funded)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holidays, Personal Days)
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan
- Competitive Wage
- Great Management
- Safety Training
- Company provided apparel
- Safe, clean, and bright working environment
Responsibilities of the Apprentice Welder:
- Work w/the welding department and leadership team to learn effective & productive welding operations.
- Learn to fabricate complex weldments in accordance with customer requirements/specifications.
- Take ownership of organizing and cleaning specified work area in the welding department.
- Take the initiative to help other production areas as needed.
- Communicates with the Leadership Team when necessary.
- Self-motivation and excellent work ethic, required.
- Previous manufacturing, construction, farming, forestry or entrepreneurial experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability and motivation to learn about welding including reading and understanding welding prints/symbols and reading/using precise measuring equipment.
- Once trained, possess a desire to become AWS certified.
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency while maintaining the highest level of safety, quality and efficiency as a welder.
- Ability to follow business rules and guidelines, safe work practices and proper lifting techniques.
Interested? Apply online below.
About Us. Learn more at lasernorthinc.com