Laser North, a laser cutting and fabrication specialist, continues to grow and seeks Apprentice Welders to join our team in Hayti, South Dakota. The apprentice welder is responsible for assisting the welding department with the fit-up and welding of components to produce product in a timely fashion, while maintaining the highest level of quality and safety in our industry.
Laser North is the very image of The American Business—intertwining innovation and technology, with hard working, competent and motivated employees. We are a competitive and responsive manufacturing business which enjoys rising to meet a challenge and constantly strives to offer our customers exemplary service. Our success is contributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of our employees, and we understand the importance of maintaining a personal relationship with each valued employee. If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment, working with your hands, and being a valued member of a motivated team, we want to hear from you.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wage: $14 – $18 hourly, based on skills and experience
- Performance Based Bonus
- Major Medical Insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance Program (Employer Funded)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holidays, Personal Days)
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan
- Competitive Wage
- Great Management
- Safety Training
- Company provided apparel
- Safe, clean, and bright working environment
Responsibilities of the Apprentice Welder:
- Work with the welding department and leadership team to learn effective and productive welding operations.
- Learn to fabricate complex weldments in accordance with customer requirements/specifications.
- Take ownership of organizing and cleaning specified work area in the welding department.
- Take the initiative to help other production areas as needed.
- Communicates with the Leadership Team when necessary.
- Self-motivation and excellent work ethic, required.
- Previous manufacturing or related experience preferred, but not required.
- Have the ability to become AWS certified.
- Ability to learn to read and understand welding prints and symbols.
- Ability to read and utilize precise measuring equipment.
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency while maintaining the highest level of safety, quality and efficiency as a welder.
- Have access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to follow business rules and guidelines, safe work practices and proper lifting techniques.
Interested? Apply online.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins, please.
About Us Learn more about Laser North at lasernorthinc.com