Laser North, a laser cutting and fabrication specialist, continues to grow and seeks Apprentice Manufacturing Technicians to join our team in Baraga, Michigan. The apprentice manufacturing technician assists in all production stages, as necessary, to achieve quality and timely services to our customers.
Live outside of Baraga? No problem. We provide daily round-trip transportation to our Baraga Headquarters for those that prefer to carpool or need transportation.
Laser North is the very image of The American Business—intertwining innovation and technology, with hard working, competent and motivated employees. We are a competitive and responsive manufacturing business that enjoys a challenge and constantly strives to offer our customers exemplary service. We attribute our success to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of our employees, and we understand the importance of maintaining a personal relationship with each valued team member. If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment, working with your hands, and being a valued member of a motivated team, we want to hear from you!
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wage: $11.00 – $14.00 hourly, based on skills and experience
- Performance Based Bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance Program (Employer Funded)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holidays, Personal Days)
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan
- Competitive Wage
- Great Management
- Safety Training
- Company provided apparel
- Safe, clean, and bright working environment
Responsibilities of the Apprentice Manufacturing Technician:
Work w/all departments and the leadership team to learn effective and productive plant operations such as:
- Parts Handling and Sorting
- Grinding, De-burring, Light Machining
- Forklift Materials Handling
- Facility Cleaning and Up-keep
- Production Assembly
- Pallet and Crate Assembly
- Order Fulfillment and Shipping
- Self-motivation and excellent work ethic, required.
- Previous manufacturing, construction, farming, forestry or entrepreneurial experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability and motivation to learn about manufacturing production including light machining, reading and understanding prints and instructions, production assembly, and plant up-keep.
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency while maintaining the highest level of safety, quality and efficiency.
- Ability to follow business rules and guidelines, safe work practices and proper lifting techniques.
Interested? Apply online below.
About Us. Learn more at lasernorthinc.com